This is a blog boing back several years to when Brenderup Quit manufacturing in the USA. Scroll down to look through articles that may be helpful. Call me any time with questions. Jeff Kurtz, 717-620-9676

Monday, December 17, 2018

Winter Storage?

Today I had an inquiry about a cover for a Brenderup stored out-of-doors.

I don't have anything to recommend for a cover, but I also don't know it is really necessary.

I wipe down the entire trailer exterior with a product called 303 Marine Protection,
available at any boat store and probably Walmart.   I do that to all my outdoor toys including my winter coats.

If you do use a cover be certain that it's not so tight that things can stay ventilated to reduce rust and rot.  We just parked our trailer facing the prevailing wind and put a board or something under the mats so things can dry out.

People say that a carport is the best storage for vehicles.   They rust more in a garage than out where it's ventilated.

I had a cover for a car once that was really soft on the inside to avoid rubbing the finish.    You'll have to search online for something that might be suitable.

Have fun!

Let me know if you find something and send pics.  I'll put it on my blog.

Happy trails!

Jeff Kurtz

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use this cover - I ordered the 12-14 foot one. My first one lasted 4 winters in Colorado. It fits great. It's easier to put on & off with two folks, but it can be done alone. Throw straps over top from the side & then pull both to get it over the top. I only added one rope that I use to tie longitudinally to reduce flapping.


    http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=d5cefcd4-4f5d-4a3e-abd0-fdd229b98d26&gas=horse%20trailer%20cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy, what model trailer do you have? I own a Royal TC and its length is about 14.5 feet. I'm wondering if I should order one size up from yours.

      Delete