This is a blog boing back several years to when Brenderup Quit manufacturing in the USA. Scroll down to look through articles that may be helpful. Call me any time with questions. Jeff Kurtz, 717-620-9676

Monday, December 16, 2013

Checking the brakes on Brenderup Trailers


I saw your post about regular maintenance for Brenderups and that was very helpful.  I tested out the parking brake as you suggested, but I do not hear any clicks.  What would your suggestion be for this ra?  We have not noticed the trailer pushing our vehicle, but we of course want to make sure the brakes are functioning properly.  Appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Cristin
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Morning, Cristin.    Not sure what to tell you.   What year is your trailer?

With the parking brake set does the trailer resist being towed?
~~~~~~~
Thanks for your prompt response.  The trailer is a '99 Prestige, so it is older.  I haven't tried to tow it with the brake engaged, so I am unsure of that. I can call you this evening after 4pm est if that is ok.  Thanks for being willing to help  me out!
~~~~~~
I finally had a chance to hook up today.  The parking brake does cause some resistance and some serious squealing when it is left engaged and towed.  When the vehicle brakes (hard and soft stops) I do not notice the trailer backing off, this is especially true if we braked hard.  
Thanks,
Cristin
~~~~~
At least you know that you have brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment