This is a blog boing back several years to when Brenderup Quit manufacturing in the USA. Scroll down to look through articles that may be helpful. Call me any time with questions. Jeff Kurtz, 717-620-9676

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Snowing indoors?


   I had an inquiry a couple weeks ago asking about how to keep snow from blowing in during the MN winters.  My suggestion was (Although I didn't use it because my daughter thought it would look s-t-u-p-i-d...   This is foam pipe insulation sold at Lowes or Home Depot in lengths of about 6 ft.  It's alredy slotted to slip over a pipe, so you can just snap it over the hatch door edges and help close some of that extra space.

I'm not certain that it is durable enough to last more than one season, or to stay in place when traveling, but it's cheap enough that replacing it wouldn't be painful.  

Happy Trails!   Jeff





4 comments:

  1. I use a standard trailer cover each winter, it has lasted great through 3 winters so far. I bought it at valleyvet.com item # 32020 size for 12-1" to 14 ft, cost $130-179 (depending if on sale when you order it), which fits my Brenderup Baron great. It has 2 zippered access points, and 2 sets of straps to go under trailer as well as grommets to tighten back side. To get it on, I use a long rope tied to one side that I toss over the trailer to pull cover over the top. I also tie one rope around it lengthwise to eliminate any flapping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea and I am going to use it. I also have a question about replacing that section of the door, mine is breaking up - Anyone using certain material to look nice or just wood and painting it? Please let me know- thank you.

    ReplyDelete