This is a blog boing back several years to when Brenderup Quit manufacturing in the USA. Scroll down to look through articles that may be helpful. Call me any time with questions. Jeff Kurtz, 717-620-9676

Friday, February 10, 2017

Replacing struts on ramp door.

This just received from an owner in Davis, CA:

Thanks to the information on your blog, I was in contact with LS Technologies(located in Saskatoon, SK, Canada) about my failed gas lifts(springs) on my Brenderup Royal TC:  I. sent them an e-mail with my problem and a photo of one of the lifts.  A wonderful fellow named Nolan figured out what I needed, and I paid with a credit card over the phone for two new gas springs.  The total was $100.46 for two springs plus $25.00 shipping.  They were originally out of stock of this spring but shipped them as soon as they had inventory. This is a great company to deal with:  good customer service and  communication!  

We had to mount the new spring on the upper hole rather than the lower hole(it was a slightly different length) and add a few new washers to keep it from rubbing. It turned out that only one spring had gone bad so I’m holding onto the other one for a future repair.  Perhaps if I had mounted it under pressure, it would have worked getting it in the original mounting hole?  It’s working just fine with this configuration.

Photo below is new spring mounted…..  Photo at bottom is original mounting position.

Thanks so much for your blog:  I love my Brenderup and want to keep it as new as possible for the next owner:   I will probably be selling it later this year since I’m retiring my old gelding from trail riding far afield!
K.




Hopefully that will be useful information to several of you.   Happy Trails,    Jeff

4 comments:

  1. THANK YOU---I have the same problem with my 2003 Brenderup Horseliner...now I know how to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PHEW! Thank you so much! Also a 2003-- Baron One. What a great resource.

      Delete
  2. Hi Jeff, are you still out there dealing with brenderup questions? I have a 2009 Royal and I'm pretty sure the gas struts have died. I don't know where to begin to find the right size. Also are they very difficult to install? Is there a part number or special information I need? I'm assuming since brrnderup is no longer in the US I can't simply order and will need to figure something equivalent. Feeling a little lost here. Thank you Lynn

    ReplyDelete